Calumet Penreco has developed a unique system for thickening and gelling hydrocarbon materials.
An infinite number of customized rheological properties are available — from thickened liquids to solids. The finished products are clear, colorless, hydrophobic, thermally reversible and without syneresis.
We offer the following product lines:
- Synergel® - for use in industrial products, industrial and institutional cleaners, wood polishing products, metal working, insect repellant and for many other applications.
- Versagel® C - for use in candlemaking applications.
- Versagel® M - for use in personal care products.
- Versagel® P - for use in many cosmetic, pharmaceutical and personal care applications.
- Versagel® R - for use in personal care products.
Calumet Specialty Hydrocarbon Gels are available in multiple viscosity ranges and are compatible with many common cosmetic ingredients.
The gels are visually appealing, odorless and do not discolor with age. They are easier and safer to handle and formulate than gels that use metal stearates or fumed silica. They provide fragrance retention in skin care products and furnish waterproofing properties to sunscreen products.
Need help finding the right gel for you?
Have a question about our capabilities?
Contact your Calumet Sales Representative or Technical Product Support for more information.